|KKCO East Africa is an independent accounting and advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants situated in Kenya. The firm’s philosophy is to understand the client needs, mobilize the right team, manage expectations, and uphold all ethical and professional standards. The firm is a member of DFK International (“DFK”). DFK provides a coordinated and proven delivery mechanism across 90 countries worldwide. Log into www.kkcoeastafrica.com for more information.
KKCO East Africa, wishes to advertise for an opportunity that is now open for application within the audit unit. suitable candidates are invited to apply for the position as described below.
|MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
|Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance services – Ensuring that all audits are planned, controlled, reviewed and completed to the firm’s standards, to the satisfaction of the client and within budget (monitor costs).
Understand the concept of ISQC1 – Audit Quality Control, ISAs, IFRS, KKCO East Africa Quality Control Manual and be responsible for ensuring compliance in all audit assignments.
Manage, supervise and coach the audit teams to ensure KKCO East Africa quality standards are achieved.
- Understand what a servant leader needs to do to achieve the task, build the team, develop and empower others.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff. Conduct internal trainings.
- Supervising staff, directing and allocating work and managing team resources in a very efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure quality service improvement and delivery and thus promote the firms brand.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Identify issues that clients may not recognize, and recommend innovative solutions that are appropriate to client’s business/regulatory environment.
- Identify potential new clients, market our brand and services, and be responsible for acquisition of new business and cross selling to other service lines.
- Monitor output – including billings, job costing, work in progress, and income factors. Proactively manage accounts receivable.
- Handle client meetings along with the partner and on certain pre-selected assignments directly represent the assignment partner.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Building rapport with client’s staff and management (CEO/Director/CFO).
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Produce financial statements in compliance with IFRS and high-quality management reports for clients highlighting issues and providing potential value-added solutions.
- Represent the firm in presenting financial statements to BOD, Directors, Management, Trustees and Annual or General Meetings.
- Assist and perform any other duties and responsibilities bestowed upon by Partner/ Director/Senior Manager.
| KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Quality audit standards achieved as per KKCO East Africa standards.
- Management of audit teams including performance management, coaching and training
- Client relationship standards achieved.
- Business Development budgets met.
- Time management.
|KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Finance, Law, Economics or business-related disciplines.
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent professional qualifications are an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years and a managerial experience of 3 years.
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax environment and practice.
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Ability to handle pressure
- Team player
If you believe that you are the right candidate, please email your application to email@example.com attaching your CV on or before 14th November 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted